Sunday, August 23, 2009

On the Neeldles: Baby Hooded Jacket

It's been a while since I knitted a sweater. I usually like to complete things quickly, and this is a sweater that fits in that category, as its for a 6 month old baby! It is the very first baby item that I have knitted. I've been loosely following the Hooded Sweatshirt Jacket pattern at http://www.cutiepiefashions.com/originaldesignpatterns.htm.
You may recognize the yarn from a few posts back. The first picture shows the front right of the jacket. The top is on a holder waiting for me to finish the back. the pattern says to do a three needle bind off. I'm still deciding between that and kitchener stitch.
I've changed the pattern around a bit. Instead of knitting each piece, front right, front left, and back, I'm knitting them all together (and leaving an opening for the sleeves). This way I don't have to sew the side seems later. You can see my sleeve hole best in the first picture.Here is a picture of the back. I've made a lot of progress so far. That's good, because I want to be done with the sweater in time for her to wear it! I picked a size a few months out, so it should be good.

No comments:

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop