Sunday, August 16, 2009

Michigan Fiber Festival

I got to go to the Michigan Fiber Festival in Allegan on Saturday. It was pretty hot out but a fun day. We saw the sheep dog demonstration, and lots of very cute angora rabbits. Every time I see those cute critters I want one! They are so adorable and I'd love to be able to spin and sell their fiber.

There was a skein competition and we saw some of the judging. I wish I could have entered a skein.

Here's the website http://www.michiganfiberfestival.info/ You might want to turn off your sound before you visit though.

There were also three buildings full of vendors. Pretty much everything fiber related was there, and lots and lots of spinning fiber and yarn. It was fun shopping but at times a little frustrating too. I was quite surprised by how many vendors didn't label their items with fiber content and price.

I ended up buying a little Merino and a little Alpaca spinning fiber.

No comments:

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop