Saturday, July 4, 2009

Candyland Inspired Yarn

I thought I'd tell you a bit about how I made my Candyland Inspired Yarn for the EtsyFAST challenge for June.

First I chose the colors to match the squares on the path of the gameboard: read, purple, yellow, blue, orange, green. I selected equal amounts of each roving and then pulled each one apart in equal pieces.
I spun the single with the colors in the same order and then repeated the colors, after that my bobbin was quite full!














The first picture shows the single on my lazy kate. In the second picture, I've started plying the yarn. I navajo plied the yarn so that my colors would stay together. I wanted solid color stripes for this yarn instead of the plys being different colors for most of the yarn. In navajo plying the spinner makes big crochet chains with the single ply and twists the three strands together into a three ply yarn.

Here's the very bright and colorful finished yarn!











No comments:

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop