Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Wrapping Cloth

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't like having wrapping paper scattered about after opening presents only to be thrown out. I've been known to unwrap presents rather carefully despite not knowing what to do with all that pretty paper. I just find it so wasteful to throw it out. I tend to save and reuse gift bags, but the paper doesn't hold up well enough for that. I still want my presents to be neat and pretty!

Last year I wrapped presents in a combination of bought cloth bags, and gift bags. This year I took it a step further and bought some cute Christmas themed fabrics and sewed bags and big squares to wrap presents in. The big paper wrapped one was too big for my fabric and the little one is a gift to me.I got most of the bags back so next year's wrapping will go super fast!

These were really easy to make. I cut out rectangles two inches or so bigger than I wanted for the present, folded the edges neat and ironed and sewed. Ironing the seems down took longer than sewing them.

No comments:

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop