Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Time - April 9th Blog Carnival


This is a new crochet scarf of mine made with a variety of hand spun and high quality yarns.

I was i
nspired by some of my hand spun yarns of which I didn't have all that much yardage. For some of the yarns I had enough for only one row. I wanted to make a really long scarf with length wise stripes to really highlight each yarn. I may have gotten a little carried away on the length as it is 9.8 feet, but it can be worn folded in half and still hangs down to the legs.

The main inspiration was the soy silk and alpaca yarns in row 3 and 5. I liked going through my hand spun stash to find yarn to match.

The first row and all the purple and gray rows are merino mill spun yarn.
The second row and the two other green and lighter green rows are also merino mill sp
un yarn.
The third row is a hand spun soy silk yarn.
The fifth row is hand spun with dark gray alpaca.
Row 8 is hand spun with bluefaced leicester wool.
Row 10 is hand spun with a hand dyed merino wool.
Row 13 is hand spun with a 70% merino, 30% tencel blend.
Row 14 is ha
nd spun with a heather gray wool, the same yarn that I knit my fist pair of socks with. (Yarn from the same batch, I still have my socks!)

1 comment:

Emerson Bindery said...

Oooh, so pretty! What gorgeous handiwork!

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop