Sunday, April 18, 2010

Knitting Tools

I've been listening to some KnitPicks podcasts that I'd missed while working on my Knitting Carry All Bag. I listened to episode 124, and yes, I just noticed that it was from December. It was a really cool topic though, what tools they have in their knitting bags.

I usually don't have as many knitting projects going at once as they do, but I do like to always take something to knit with me. I though I'd share what notions and tools I like to have in my bag. I like to have everything for the project I'm working on but not too much extra. Stitch markers tend to be on an as needed basis. If I'm in a pinch I can always use a bit of scrap yarn.

THE LIST
  • crochet hook
  • yarn needle
  • scissors or dental floss
  • bit of scrap yarn
  • pen
  • note paper
  • tape measurer

That's pretty much it. My needle gauge may occasionally jump in the bag, but that would be if I'm trying to start a project on the go and I'm grabbing for needles as I head out. The dental floss is really for the dental floss cutter, it works well for cutting yarn if you're going someplace you can't bring scissors. For my latest project my sewing kit jumped in there too! I sewed all the pocket linings in on my last trip, 2.5 during the car ride and the last bit after we got there.

No comments:

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop