Wednesday, December 9, 2009

S2KP A Double Decrease

I came across this decrease in the hat pattern that I'm knitting. I'd never heard of it before. I found it a little awkward at first, but now I really like it. So I decided to show it to you.

In the first picture we're ready to start the decrease. Knit until one stitch before the stitch you want it centered on. This decrease takes up three stitches on the working row.
Put your needle into the next two stitches like you're going to knit two together and slip them to the other needle. They're going to hang out until we need them.Knit the next stitch. In this picture both the new knitted stitch and the slipped stitches are on the right needle.
Now pass the two slipped stitches over the one knit stitch. The S2KP is complete.
This picture gives a better view of the finished stitches. They are slightly raised and centered! This decrease doesn't lean left or right.

No comments:

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop