Monday, March 8, 2010

Mug Challenge and Women's History Month

The Sweets did a second challenge in February to decorate mugs with pebeo pens. I covered my mug in some of my favorite feminism quotes! I would have done with without March right around the corner, but how timely.


This quote tops my list!

I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a door mat or a prostitute. ~Rebecca West


Another favorite!

"Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
—Eleanor Roosevelt

It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union.... Men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less. ~Susan B. Anthony

The only jobs for which no man is qualified are human incubators and wet nurse. Likewise, the only job for which no woman is or can be qualified is sperm donor. ~Wilma Scott Heide

"Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings". ~Cheris Kramarae

"I will love, honor, cherish- but not obey." ~Rosalie Slaughter Morton

No comments:

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop