Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Current Projects

I've been switching gears from dying to spinning and knitting this week. I spun a brand new skein of Blue Faced Leicester Yarn, as well as a mini skein of some wool yarn I had from a while ago (shown hanging to dry on my door to the right). I only had a little sample, so I'm thinking of putting this together with some other hand spun yarn.

The second picture shows some possible yarn combinations. I'm looking at combining it with other small bits of hand spun that I have.

I'm also working on what to knit with it. Since its a small amount of yarn, I'm thinking of making a neckwarmer and adding some lovely handmade buttons that I just bought from ginpins. She makes such great buttons that its sometimes a race to buy them first!

I'm currently knitting up a neckwarmer in a new pattern that I think will work for the hand spun one as well. This neckwarmer is knit with yarn from Yarn2Spin; it is Shepherd's Wool from Stonehedge Fiber Mill in Michigan in 2 shades of green.




No comments:

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop