Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Crazy Socks

So I started knitting some socks on one long circular needle. checked my gauge, did the figure 8 cast on and started knitting and increasing. Then I noticed that my socks were pretty different.

P6210009
I know I checked my guage. I just didn't check each skein seperatly; they're supposed to be the same.
P6210010
5 st/in vs. 6.5 st/in.... great...
I asked the nice people at knittinghelp.com about how to solve this problem. I got 1 response suggesting to start at a differnt spot in the skein and match up the colors as this yarn happens to vary in size. They're usually more talkative than that. Oh, well. I seem to be good at killing threads on any forrum. So I wound the skein on my ballwinder and tried the other end. This time using the magic cast on. I don't know why there is so much "magic" stuff in knitting. I used the magic cast on on magic loop and so far its convient and looks good, but isn't magic at all.
So the new toes are moving right along and now I'm trying to decide if I want ribbing on the top of these socks and what kind and wondering where the skein gets fat. Wish me luck, I really like these colors!

So, if you have some of this yarn
P6210011
be careful, it might change gauge on you.

No comments:

Etsy Mini - See Items in My Shop